Monday 7 July 2014

Every Inchie Monday: Negative and some others

This week's theme at Every Inchie Monday is Negative.  Not wanting to be depressing, I chose to express the art design element of positive and negative. I've always been fascinated by this drawing, because if you look at it one way, you see a vase; if you look at it another way, you see to mirror image faces.  Enjoy.



 
 
I'm finding these inchies so addictive that I've decided to go back to the beginning of the year and try to catch up on the inchies I've missed.  Here are the first few.
 
 
Alice Blue:  I had decided what I wanted to do for this subject before I looked at everyone else's.  Really I did.  However, when I did check, my inchie is very similar to Wendy's here , for which I apologize, although hers is more creative in that she drew Alice's door and I just coloured in Tenniel's picture of Alice with her "Drink Me" bottle that shrinks her to inchie size.   I kept it because I am doing this mostly for me, and this is what I wanted to do.  Again, apologies to Wendy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amulet:  This one is an Asian token meaning Enlightenment that seemed appropriate to use as an amulet.  The purple background is handmade paper shot through with gold.
 
 
 

 
 
 Brown:  For Brown, I used my brand new Water Mixable Oil paints.  I combined the three primary colours red, blue and yellow to get brown, in the middle.
 
 
 
 
 
Ballet:  I have some fabulous scrapbook paper designed around my favourite ballet: The Nutcracker Suite.  The first one is a ballet slipper, and the second one is a tiny mouse king.  You can even see his crown!  The background paper is musical notes.
 
 
 
 
 
Cathedral:  I decided to use a square of the quilt pattern cathedral windows. I once made a pincushion using this pattern and it is very difficult, at least for me!
 
 


 
 
More to come!
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Such fun inchies, Kia. I'm glad you went back to do the old ones. They're all so much fun and it really doesn't matter if we do similar ones because, as you know, great minds think alike. And, we do have a lot of great minds in this group! I especially like the Cathedral one, probably because it reminds me of a Zentangle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inchies Kia, and there's no need to apologize. Just think of it as great minds think alike.!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for catching up. Love all your inchies :) How cute is that amulet! And what are you talking about "depressing". Brilliant idea for the negative inchie - I love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia, when I frist got into inchie I got into it in about may, so being like you I got addicted and went back thru and did all the ones I missed. Back then I was not active in my blog so no one really saw my inchies but I didnt care, they are addictive for sure & i love and am impressed with what you have come up with, I cant wait to see what you have in store for the rest of they year, Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIa, I'm so happy that you're liking the Inchie world!! And I have to give you some major credit for going for the whole year! It's a challenge to get all the past ones done, but looks like you're gonna do it!! Whew hoo, you go girl! Twinchies are great fun too. I got behind on those, but maybe you have inspired me to play catch up with those!!We'll see! Great work o them all!!!! Have a great week! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that you have gone back to catch up some of the inchies you have missed and what a great display. It also got be thinking about what I did for those themes!! Especially love those glittery nutcracker ones. Can't wait to see what you do next week.

    ReplyDelete