Wednesday 12 November 2014

193 Diva: Tritangle THX

This week at I am the Diva the assignment is to draw a tritangle using Huggins, Trio and Xyp, the first letters of which spell thx (thanks).   It is also in honour of November 11, which in Canada we call Remembrance Day.  I have a lot to be thankful for, but one of the things that makes me proud is that both of my parents served in WW2.  As a teenager, they started dropping bombs on my mother's home, so she joined the Royal Air Force in England.  My father joined the Royal Canadian Air Force.  They met, and in 1945 married, which made my mother a war bride, and they came back to Canada.   They are both gone now and I miss them terribly.

One of my challenges as a tangler is to integrate patterns together.  I can put them side by side, but I have trouble making them look as if they belong together.  I would like to be able to make them organic and flowing, but still am having trouble.  I was limited timewise making this tile, so I only half succeeded in my goal.  The patterns look ok together, but they don't mesh organically.  A challenge in progress.


The three red trios are meant to represent red poppies.  Lest we forget.

Have a thoughtful week.

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story. My husband is a Vietnam vet and I am ever so proud of him. I know what you mean about tangles flowing together. It isn't always easy but I think you managed to accomplish that with the way Xyp slides into the Huggins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I found these tangle difficult to combine. Your tile is lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and Anne, but I think that's why they call it a challenge. :) I find looking at others' tiles helps me learn how to mesh patterns together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xyp and Huggins are very well integrated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kia, Your 'poppies' are dynamic. Thanks for sharing. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice challenge tile and I love the way you made the trio poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Tile, Kia. So clean. Drawing Trio in color is so nice to the design, and I love the way you drew Xyp. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did well in putting the tangles together. I think it is harder to do that with some tangles more than others. Nice shading also. Like the red Poppy Trios.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really neat version of XYP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggled with xyp and trio...both ended up too stiff for my liking, but I love the flow of your xyp with the huggins. I keep telling myself I need more practience...new word.
    Thank you for sharing about your parents...I have been reading more about WWII and it is fascinating how it has pulled people together globally and of course your parents are a wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kia, I like your red poppies very much! They look so nice :-)
    Your xyp and huggins doing well together and I like your shading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tile. Thank you for pointing out that the Trio represents poppies, lovely tribute to the fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kia, thank you for sharing your story about your parents!! I so miss mine too ...my Dad was active in support work in WWII ... and plenty of my relatives have served. I hear your pain about the integrating of these tangles. I have such trouble often even following the tangle directions!! :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/11/diva-tritangle-trio-huggins-xyp-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete