Tuesday 25 November 2014

195 Diva: Turning old into new

I am the Diva challenge number 195.

First of all I must apologize for not attempting last week's challenge.  I'm afraid my arthritis is much worse in my left hand than in my right, which is lucky for a right handed person, but made doing the challenge impossible as I can't hold a pencil or pen in my non-dominant hand without a great deal of pain.  So no entry.

This week's challenge is fun!  I couldn't decide which way to go: gridding a freeform tangle or freeforming a grid, so I did both.

Pais is one of my favourite patterns and it was fun to put it into a grid:




And then I had to do it the other way.  This time Well begins in it's grid at the bottom and then escapes into the tile, mutates in various forms and escapes the tile, and shading, completely.




Just a note on comments.  I love comments.  They warm my heart and keep me motivated.  Thank you so much. 

In return I try to comment on as many entries as I can, which is usually quite a lot.  However,  I've found I can't comment on Google + because it crashes my computer, and if I haven't proved I'm not a robot after the second attempt, I stop, because I figure only a robot would continue to try.  So that may explain why you don't have a comment from me.  I don't mind the numbers, but those letters are very difficult.  I wish we could do without those letters altogether.

Have a happy week.

20 comments:

  1. It's amazing how Pais really flowers in the grid. Awesome tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pais makes a great look in the grid. It's so fun to see the tangles morph this way. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia, I was thninking to do Well too, but just couldn't figure out how to free it out of the grid. So I jumped to another one. You did a great great job with Well. I like how the free-d Well is falling into the structured base of your tile. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pais is beautiful this way, and I love Well flying away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tiles! I particularly like the way you released Well! I agree with you on those crazy letters they put in the "prove you're not a robot" things. Are they crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely! Especially I like the second tile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely in love with your pais tile! It's gorgeous! And I also really like the escaping well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done! Both are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia - I love love love your 2nd one (the first is lovely too) (my entry last week was pretty weak with the fibro :) ) ... it is wild - your 2nd and mine have the same concept - of setting free from a grid :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/11/diva-turning-old-into-new-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful concepts, Kia. I love how you oriented the various Pais grid sections. Wonderful challenge Tiles. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tiles. Like the way that they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tiles and very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this first tile is stunning!!! Not that the second isn't beautiful, but the first one ..... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Wells is like seed heads, wafting up on the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so creative! Love both of your tiles. Regarding using the "not a robot" ....I just keep hitting the little curled arrow to the right until it gives me letters that are to my liking and then give it a go. Probably easier for people to just do the "waiting for approval" thingy, because it is a bit challenging for those of us whose eyesight issues. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your use of Well to transition from grid to free form..and it disappears

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kia - both tiles are beautiful. Pais is gorgeous in a grid and I love Well morphing into a freeform pattern - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both your tiles. I am going to have to try Pais the way you did it. I know what you mean about the letters, they sometimes drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete