Monday 12 October 2015

Every Inchie Monday: Key

Hello Folks,

It's Thanksgiving today in Canada so I wish you and yours a happy Thanksgiving.

This week's word at Every Inchie Monday is key.  I love keys - for the secrets they open (and hide) and for the intricate patterns and different shapes that older keys have.

I offer first a special kind of key - a key to the Tardis (if you're not a Doctor Who fan, this will mean nothing to you).  Over the years, the key has had many different shapes. from the mundane, that looks like it might open my front door, to the exotic.  I've chosen one of the more unusual ones:








Looks a little bit like a person wearing a dress of some kind, doesn't it?  But  I assure you it is accurate.


My quilled key is of the ordinary variety:





The quilling paper is a lovely pewter grey but the camera has washed it out and made it look white.  I now have silver edged paper which is really neat, so I really should do it again.

Keep you secrets close to your heart.  

Thank you for the lovely comments.  They really make my day.


7 comments:

  1. Love the Tardis key! Cute quilled key. Metallic edged paper is fun, can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tardis key and neat that you and I wrote similar ideals about keys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both keys are wonderful and both very unusual.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such creative keys. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Kia! Your work is lovely, though I think I have to brush up on my Dr. Who! Love to see what you do with the silver paper! Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Kia! Your work is lovely, though I think I have to brush up on my Dr. Who! Love to see what you do with the silver paper! Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your key inchie is nice - I really thought it would be a person when I saw it first ;-) And your quilled one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete