Monday 4 April 2016

Every Inchie Monday: Grandmother

Hi Follks,

Grandmother is this week's word at Every Inchie Monday.   I think I deserve a prize for finding this one in The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Assuming we are still near the beginning of the book, the reference I found is in chapter 5 in the Book's description of the Vogon Constructor Fleets.  To describe how nasty these creatures are the book warns: "They wouldn't even  lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblaster Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters."  Now that's obscure, but I'm really quite enjoying trying to find the words.

I usually like to vary the idea for each inchie but this time,, I couldn't think of two things.  I wanted to find a photograph of my grandmother, but my family photos are upstairs on a high up shelf (in a spot quite like where they post road planning information in HHGG) and it seemed to painful an endeavour to undertake, so here is a drawing of a generic grandmother:




And a quilled grandmother:





Have a good week everyone and be kind to your elderly relatives (unfortunately that's me in my family!)  I'm not a grandmother but I am a Great Aunt.

6 comments:

  1. I just love the grans you've shared! I am a gran but don't really think I feel old enough for it to be real most of the time!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both of your grandmothers. they both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful grandmothers, I'm a Nan but only look about 40, cough splutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness you know your way around HHGG, or where would we be? Love your grandmothers. My mom can't wait to be a great-grandmother, but none of the kids are too anxious to make that happen! Have a brilliant day! Cheryl
    P.s. sending some Arizona warmth your way. It's 33 C today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inchies. The grandma on the first one looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I love your generic granny but being a grandma myself (or Nana as five call me or Nana Jenny as two do) I don't think she typifies a modern day granny!! Hopefully we are all looking much younger than our own grandmothers did!! Well I like to think so!! But I love both yours and well done for actually quilling one - such talent.

    ReplyDelete