Monday 20 June 2016

Every Inchie Monday: Party

Hi Folks,

Arthur, speaking in a cold voice upon first seeing Zaphod on The Heart of Gold spaceship:

"We've met, haven't we Zaphod Beeblebrox -- or should I say ... Phil?...
"You'll have to remind me" said Zaphod. "I've a terrible memory for species."
"It was at a party", pursued Arthur [text left out]
"A party six months ago.  On Earth ... England ..."
"London," insisted Arthur, "Islington."
"Oh," said Zaphod with a guilty start, that party."

So Ford is upset because Zaphod was on Earth while Ford spent 15 years desperately waiting to be rescued. and  Arthur is upset because he was pursuing a particular girl when Zaphod interrupted Arthur's "plying her with a bit of talk" saying he, Zaphod, was from another planet  --  and Arthur "never saw [the girl] again". 

Until now that is, because it turns out that the girl, whose earth name is Tricia McMillan, is actually Trillian, who, as she says, "hitched a lift" with Zaphod. 

Needless to say Arthur isn't happy. [chapter 13] 

So in honour of Arthur's terrible time at the party, I offer Lesley Gore and It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to:





And a more traditional party image with a quilled balloon, and candy and confetti (which are on the paper):





Hope everyone has a party of a week!

9 comments:

  1. Love the drawn inchie, what great take on the theme! Seems like confetti makes everything funner doesnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really look forward to your inchie posts telling us where the word belongs in the story

    Love both of your inchies and the song

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I connected the song to the inchie as soon as I spotted it on the page!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea, I realised what it was as soon as I saw it, shows our age !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant interpretation. Thanks for the citation. I can sympathetic for Arthur. But as I call my self Trillian I should feel as if he is a looser I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know - I've always thought Trillian had a soft spot for Arthur!

      Delete
  6. Always was a fun song. Great inchies and thanks for the info about where it really comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fact that you find the word for us in the HHGTTG and what a great interpretation and a beautifully drawn eye plus your gorgeous quilled party paraphernalia - just great inchies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to see how a crying I was a party! What a fun take on this theme! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete